GIS Quick Reference Card
This quick reference card was originally prepared for the 2006 ESRI User Conference. It has undergone several revisions since then. We received a lot of positive feedback and provide this now as a PDF for anyone using GIS. The card includes:
- Geographic Conversions from Minute/Second to Decimal Degree fractions
- Optional Distance Units (ArcGIS specific)
- Common Unit Conversions
- Direction Systems and Degree Formats (ArcGIS Specific)
- US Public Land Survey System Meridians
- Townships, Section, and aliquot subdivisions
- Common Data Types support by ArcGIS
- Common VBA Operators and Functions
- Common Map Scales and Equivalents
- US State Plane Zone (NAD83)
- US UTM Zones
The PDF size is 19.5 by 9 inches, so it doesn’t really fit nicely on standard printers but fits on tabloid. The final folded size is 6.5 x 9 inches.
We had several ESRI staff mention that ESRI should make something similar to this for ArcGIS. It looks like they did. ESRI has their ArcGIS specific version “ArcGIS Desktop Tips“.